In some cases, patients may be told that they are not suitable for dental implants because they have reduced bone density in their upper jaw.
Luckily, thanks to advances in implant dentistry these patients can now benefit from a type of implant that provides an excellent alternative to bone grafting or sinus lift procedures and is surgically less invasive with a high success rate. Through many clinical investigations it was discovered that zygomatic bone in the upper jaw has a dense quality and acceptable bone volume for implants.
1) Zygomatic implants are used to provide support for implant bridgework where there has been a substantial amount of bone lost from the upper jaw and ordinary dental implants cannot be used on their own to support a bridge.
2) Zygomatic implants are longer than ordinary implants, placed inside the bulk of bone that forms the cheekbone.
3) For most procedures two zygomatic implants are used, along with a few ordinary implants. This state-of-the-art treatment involves 3D scanning and the use of advanced treatment software that maps out the surgery on a computer for maximum safety and accuracy.
4) In most cases a temporary bridge is fitted the very same day using the “all on 4” technique.
- Notice a dramatic improvement in the appearance of your smile.
- Enjoy restored function and eat all types of food with ease.
- Feel more confident about your teeth and smile in public.
What Patients Say
— James Smith, Edinburgh
"I’d never heard of All-on Four before I was referred to Edinburgh Dental Specialists by my own Dentist. My teeth were in very poor condition and this was one of a range of options I was offered.
It has truly changed my life, especially when taking my grandchildren out. It has given me my confidence back and I can eat most things that I had to avoid for the past 20 years. It’s even made me look and feel ten years younger.
I would definitely recommend All-on-four and Edinburgh Dental Specialists."